Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our Traditional Gingerbread girls/guys!

Our traditional gingerbread people! This is a tradition passed down from Joe's family...decorating very large gingerbread men. This year I doubled the batch twice and we still didn't have enough to make them as big as we normally do! The kids love decorating and I love indulging myself in the plate full of candy! I must say they are all very artistic kids :)


6 comments:

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

Love the big gingerbread men! We got the Gingerbread house from Trader Joes. It was so easy to put together, the one we usually get always falls apart. The countdown is on, we can't wait to see you guys!

Unknown said...

I love it! How cute is that? How do you make them so big is there a cookie cutter for it? I love family traditions it's really fun!

Brandi said...

I love one big one for each child. We made them last night and had to roll and cut and roll and cut until I about went bonkers. One big cookie per child is pure genius. Thanks for the tip.

Erik, Wendy Lily and Jake Thomsen said...

So cute that is better than a christmas card! Hey we have a blog to but I am lame and have it on private so send me your email and I will invite you
Wendy
wendyrthomsen@hotmail.com

Ashlee said...

Those are great! How do you make them so big? Do you have a mold?? We just make our traditional sugar cookies. :)

Jen said...

I loved checking out your blog! Your family is beautiful! The girls have grown up so much and your boys are darling and don't even know their "Aunt Jen"!!!We ARE getting together this next spring! Plan on it! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you are gearing up for school to start again!